As many of our staff and volunteers take time off over the summer, we often do things a little differently from the end of July to early September. For an update about what’s going on this summer, please see details below.
Our 9.30am services
Our 9.30am service at St Eanswythe’s will run as usual on 7th and 21st August and will follow the same teaching theme as the 10.30am service on those dates.
Our 10.30am services
Over the summer our 10.30am services (especially our youth and children’s groups) are a little different to allow our volunteer teams to take a break. If you are coming to one of our 10.30am services this summer (or if you’re inviting a guest) here’s what to expect…
- Church Stream: This is very similar to our usual Sunday service, including worship, prayer and a talk. This is aimed at adults but all ages are welcome.
- Park Stream: Anyone starting Yr7 in September and older is welcome to join us as we head for the park (or the Community Centre if the weather is wet). They will have a short talk followed by sports and games, or for anyone who prefers something less active, there will be an opportunity to sit and chat. Please meet in the courtyard outside the Community Centre on Waterloo Road at 10.30am.
- Kids Stream: This is for children aged 3-11. They will start in the church with everyone else and will then go to the Community Centre for a Bible story, craft, games and activities.
For anyone with children under 3, unfortunately our creche room is unavailable this summer due to maintenance work, but we will have toys available on the mats at the back of the church.
As some of our staff team will be having time off over the summer we won’t be sending out our ‘Friday News’ email each week. So if you’re looking for a link for any of our livestreams, please click on the relevant date below.
- Sunday 17th July | Mark 2:23 – 3:6 | Sabbath & Pharisees
- Sunday 24th July | Mark 4:1-9 | Sowing
- Sunday 31st July | Mark 4:35-41 | God in the storm
- Sunday 7th August | Mark 6:30-44 | Compassion for the hungry
- Sunday 14th August | Mark 7:31-37 & 8:22-26 | Hearing & Seeing
- Sunday 21st August | Mark 10:13-16 | Let the little children
- Sunday 28th August | Mark 9:2-8 | Listen to Him
Our Plugged In evening service has stopped over August, but will be returning on Sunday 11th September. For more information please visit our Plugged In page.
St Stephen’s is open during the week for our café and our prayer space. Our opening times are reduced over the summer. For more information please visit our café page.
We usually plan some summer socials, and here are two that are happening this year:
- Youth trip to Bewl Water (Saturday 13th August): our youth are heading to Bewl Water for the day on Saturday 13th August. Unfortunately this is now fully booked. If you need any information about this event please contact Rachael or Shaleen via the Church Office.
- Fun on the Farm (Sunday 14th August): Richard and Sal have invited us to visit their farm for the afternoon on Sunday 14th August. The afternoon runs from 2pm to 5pm and will include afternoon tea, feeding the donkeys, milking cows, trailer rides, bouncy castle and lots more. Please book in here.