4th August to 1st September
The summer is here which is always a time when our 10.30am and 6.30pm services* are a little different. From 4th August to 1st September our 10.30am services will include our Summer Streams and will focus on the Bible’s first disciples.
And in the evenings our 6.30pm services will help us discover a deeper life with God as we explore the Bible Society’s Lyfe Course together.
More information is below.
*our 9am service at St Eanswythe’s will continue as usual but will follow the same teaching theme as the 10.30am service.
10.30am services (4th August to 1st September)
Over the summer our 10.30am service will start with a time of worship together. There will then be different Streams (see below) before joining back together for coffee just before midday.
- Church Stream: similar to our usual Sunday service, including a talk, worship, prayer, etc. (takes place in St Stephen’s and is aimed at adults but all ages are welcome)
- Theology Stream: delving deeper into what the Bible has to say, so bring your
notepad and be prepared to think! (takes place in the Community Centre Lounge and is aimed at adults)
- KIDS Stream: this will be relaxed, creative and lots of fun!! (takes place in the Church Hall for children in school Yr6 and under)
- Sporty Stream: for those who like being active, this will include a short reflection on the day’s theme followed by some sport, either in the church garden or in the park. (meet outside St Stephen’s and is for school Yr6 and above)
- Coffee Stream: this Stream will head to a local coffee shop for a drink and to discuss the day’s theme (meet outside St Stephen’s and is for school Yr10 to Yr13).
- Babies and Preschool: we won’t have our usual crèche in Twinkles, but there will be a parent-supervised baby area at the back of St Stephen’s. Or if any parents would like to use the Twinkles room with their child, it will have a video link so that parents can still follow the Church Stream.
6.30pm services (28th July to 1st September)
Between 28th July and 1st September our evening service will be going through The Bible Society’s Lyfe Course (pronounced life) which will combine video, reflection and discussion, with the aim of us discovering a deeper life with God.
So come along and join in. As usual, refreshments will be available from 6pm.
We’ll hopefully be adding to this list (so keep an eye on this page, on our app and our Facebook page for updates), but here are some confirmed social events for the summer:
- Sunday morning Breakfasts (Sunday 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th August and 1st September): thanks to our fabulous volunteers we will be offering a buffet style breakfast at St Stephen’s before our 10.30am services on the above dates from 9.30am until 10.20am. There is no charge although a suggested donation of £1 per person.
- Evening Service BBQ (Sunday 4th August): on 4th August our evening service will start with a BBQ in the church garden, followed by a shorter service. The BBQ will start at 6.30pm, with the service ending at 8pm.
- Church picnic (Sunday 11th August): we’re having a picnic after the 10.30am service on 11th August. We’ll meet in the Sports Ground (by the trees between the children’s play area and the toilets) from midday onwards. Bring your picnic, something to sit on and any sports gear.
- Tea at The Vicarage (Saturday 24th August): Mark and Miriam will be opening The Vicarage from 3pm to 6pm for tea. It will be helpful to know who is coming for catering, so please speak to Mark or Miriam, or contact the Church Office beforehand.