OUR PLANS 2021
Since the ‘final’ easing of restrictions we have adopted a cautious approach in our Covid policy for those coming to church, however we feel that now is the time to take some more small steps towards normality.
If you are coming along to St Stephen’s Church from September:
- You will no longer need to book to come to church
- To accommodate our increasing numbers, we will no longer provide extra space between seats and rows in the central and left side seating areas; however we will still have a section on the right-hand side of church where seats are more spaced out
- In order to protect one another we still recommend wearing a facemask. Face coverings are not legally required but the government recommends them in crowded indoor spaces
- We will continue to livestream our services via our YouTube channel. For those who do not wish to appear ‘on camera’, please sit in the seating areas on the far left or far right of the church
- We will continue to provide hand sanitiser stations
- Unless the weather turns very cold, we will continue to ensure that doors are open and that our buildings are well ventilated
- We will no longer serve refreshments outside as a matter of course, however if the weather is particularly fine we may revert to serving tea and coffee in the church garden
We are mindful that all of us are facing the ‘new normal’ with different feelings, hopes and fears, so we will try to take into account everyone’s views and continue to make adjustments where necessary.
Can we ask you to continue to be considerate of others by:
- Showing caution in keeping your distance – not all of our church family will feel comfortable without some form of distancing
- Not hugging others or shaking their hands unless you have first checked that the other person is comfortable with you doing so
- Not coming to church if you feel unwell
- Considering taking a lateral flow test prior to visiting
As ever, please get in touch if you have any concerns or would like to discuss our plans at any time.
Before lockdown began we were running three services each Sunday (9am, 10.30am and 6.30pm) and a midweek service (10am on Wednesdays). Our leadership team are looking at when we restart additional services, so more information on this will follow shortly.
Please click here to visit our services page to book in to forthcoming services.