Updated Friday 18th September
As you may have heard us mention recently, we’re really excited to be working towards opening St Stephen’s for some services and events in the coming weeks, while also continuing to maintain our online activities. Obviously, we will continue to follow Government and Church of England guidelines.
We will be letting you know about services at St Stephen’s very soon, but first we’d love to invite you to join us for our Annual Parochial Church Meeting (APCM) on Monday 5th October at St Stephen’s at 8pm.
The APCM is where we look at our plans for the future, as well as electing members of our PCC and our representatives to the Deanery Synod. Everyone is really welcome to attend, although only those whose names appear on our Electoral Roll are eligible to vote and/or stand for election.
The APCM will be available on Zoom for those who would prefer to stay at home, but we’re also really pleased to open the church for those who would like to join us in person. Of course there are still some restrictions in place and guidelines we need to follow in order to keep everyone safe.
If you’re planning to join in the APCM on Zoom please visit our booking page and select a ‘Zoom’ ticket (that way we’ll make sure you receive the Zoom link so you can participate in the meeting).
If you’re planning to attend the APCM in person, to ensure social distancing we will need to limit the number of spaces and everyone coming will need to book a seat in advance so that we can arrange the chairs with suitable space. We are also required to take the contact details of everyone who attends in case the NHS Test and Trace scheme requires this information.
We are delaying online booking for anyone wishing to attend until Wednesday 23rd September to allow anyone who is unable to get online to book first. They can book before 23rd September by calling the Church Office.
To book a place please visit our booking page and select the ‘Attending St Stephen’s’. You MUST:
- Book the correct number of tickets.
- List ALL the names and addresses of any others attending from your household/bubble (in the notes field if you’re booking online) so you can be allocated seats in a household/bubble cluster, or you will be allocated a single seat.
Other information for anyone attending St Stephen’s:
- When you arrive our Welcome Team will help you find your seat.
- Please don’t move around, or move your seat.
- Please consider bringing a bottle of water with you as sadly refreshments cannot be served.
- Wearing of face-coverings is mandatory (if you are exempt from this then please let us know when you book).
- Please do not attend if you are unwell or are currently self-isolating.
Every blessing from Mark and all of the team at St Stephen’s.